Seng Siang Society of the Thong Kheng Charitable Institution was established in 1943.
The objective of our institution is to carry out the sacred instructions of Grand Master Song Dafeng by relieving in disasters, helping the needy, providing creation services.
In the early decades, in response to social - environment progression, the works of the Institution had seen the first wave of changes to include setting up of school promoting sport activities and participation in community welfare.
Marching into the nineties, the institution stepped up with scope under the new dimensions and expanded into setting up of childcare, elderly care and a welfare home for the healthy adults with disabilities.
Thong Kheng school was established in 1946 at Kallang Road housed in an atap buildings. Two years after its inception, in 1948, the school was moved to Geylang Lorong 25-A and housed in concrete building. Due to the increased in students in 1954, it was moved to Geylang Lorong 29 where the current Institution is still standing and owned. There were altogether six hundred over students from the fourteen classes of both morning and afternoon sessions. After more than 30 years of providing education service, Thong Kheng School was ceased to conduct classes in 1981 as Geyland area was acquired by the authority for redevelopment and residents of the area being resettled elsewhere causing a steady decline of student enrolment.
Other milestones in the fifties include organization of Thong Kheng basketball team and collaboration with St. Anthony Convent in providing free western medical services. In 1954, Thong Kheng basketball team was organized and achieved excellencies under the wing of Basketball Association of Singapore winning numerous tournaments locally and overseas covering Vietnam, Thailand and Taiwan. It was disband in 1975 due to lack of training ground.
During the late eighties, the Institution was renovated to reflect the essence of temple with oriental decorative glazed tiles, the columbarium hall was built on the basement of the rear building and a Merit Hall on the second storey of to rear building.
Moving on to the nineties and into the third millennium, the Thong Kheng Student Care Centre was established in 1995 providing quality childcare services. Followed on by two seniors activities centers in Queenstown and Radin Mas respectively providing social and recreational programmes and activities for the elderly residents. By the beginning of the millennium in 2002, Blue Cross Thong Kheng Home was built to accommodate over hundred in-resident and over fifty day-care clients. To better manage the growing demand, Thong Kheng Welfare Services Society under Thong Kheng Charitable Institution was established to administer these units.
In the year 2013, rear building extension and renovation works amounting to two million dollar were done to add facility of a lift to the rear building to serve the aged and the growing number of members, Ancestor Praying Hall on the ground level, second storey being the Amituofo Hall, third storey is transformed into conference hall and fourth storey being the administration office and a roof-top garden.